You Will Never Need Another Test Series – 5000 Questions for IAS Prelims!
Not just questions, but answers as well
In my various posts and tips on Prelims preparation I stress the fact unless you test yourself at regular intervals you will not really know how good your level of preparation really is or which areas require more attention, which topic you skipped earlier and most importantly, you will not gain confidence or the right attitude for clearing the IAS Prelims.
But often we are too lazy to go through the past year’s papers and keep putting off taking mock tests right till the end; but by that time it is too late to attempt course correction. Also, there is subconscious feeling that past questions will not be repeated again in the Prelims so what’s the point of attempting them? Finally, not everyone can afford the luxury of paying thousands of rupees to fancy coaching classes for a few mock tests and some stay in locations where such tests are just not accessible.
So, after much procrastination, I finally decided to launch a course of 5000 question series for IAS Prelims divided into number of small, timed tests with negative marking and questions based on Prelims pattern that will be useful to all IAS aspirants and especially to IAS Kracker readers.
psst…read till the end to get an attractive discount!
Details of the 5000 Question Series Course
- Questions covering all topics of paper 1 and 2 except comprehension
- Questions based on Prelims pattern including multiple choice, negative marking, match the columns, chronology, with time limit
- Explanatory answers with many questions as well so you learn at the same time
- 500 questions every 10 days beginning 25th June 2012
- Resume the test later on from the saved question and time
- Flag questions and attempt later during the test
- No Bank P.O stuff; Actual Prelims-like questions
- All questions are downloadable and printable
- Geography tests will also contain maps for better understanding
- Bonus PDF’s for tips on time management, question management, elimination, safe score to qualify Prelims
See Before You Try
I’ve included some screen-shots so you get a better idea of the questions and the test.
The following is the intro screen. I’ve listed the various features of the test for your understanding. You may notice the detailed introduction where I’ve explained the test features and objectives in detail.
In the image below you can see features after starting the test. Notice I’ve framed questions on the UPSC Prelims pattern with corresponding difficulty level so you don’t get misled by taking the various free Bank P.O-level tests online.
The figure below highlights explanations for incorrect answers. These are available for many questions that require such an explanation.
Benefits of the CSAT Question Series
There are many reasons why you should enroll for this course. Let me list a few of them:
- Hundreds of questions on current affairs. Explanations to many of these questions ensures preparation and practice at the same time.
- Get accustomed to the UPSC question pattern as questions have negative marking, time limit and similar difficulty level.
- Particularly useful for working people, aspirants living in rural areas and where coaching is not available easily.
- Questions have been prepared from wide range of authentic sources including: The Hindu, Indian Express, Online news sites, NCERT books, standard reference books, year books, Economic Survey, civil services magazines etc.
- Test yourself after preparing a particular Prelims topic. For instance, once you cover Medieval India, you can attempt a test on Medieval Indian history.
- Gain confidence and the right attitude before entering the examination hall with the satisfaction of having attempted thousands of questions of relevance to the Prelims.
- Do you have problem with questions relating to decision making? I have the right tests to get you the marks. Don’t have enough time for reading the atlas? I can make your job easier by providing maps with accompanying questions so you find it fun to attempt map-based questions.
Exclusive Discount for IAS Kracker Readers
I managed to persuade the WizIQ people to offer a good discount for this blog’s readers. If you use the promo code KRACKER48 before June 30, you will get flat 20 percent off the course fees. This promo code can also be used for my course on selecting the right optionals for IAS. Remember the coupon is valid only till 30th June so be sure to grab it while it lasts! If you have any question related to the course (for other questions on IAS preparation, please post it on the relevant post) please use the comments form below and I will be glad to respond as soon as I can. Happy testing!