India’s unique in-home designed and also created long-range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’ was recently launched from a testing facility situated in Chandipur, Odisha.
Facts About Nirbhay Missile
- Nirbhay missile has combined missile as well as aerial innovations which permits it to set off upright like missile and also travel flat like an airplane.
- The Nirbhay missile has a dual-stage missile powered by strong rocket engine booster built by Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL), Hyderabad.
- Nirbhay Missile has a functional distance of 1000 kilometres and also can hold warheads of as much as 300 kg involving nuclear warheads.
- It can be propelled from different type of platforms.It is able to traverse with a turbofan or turbojet engine and also is led by an extremely sophisticated inertial propelling system.
- It has the ability to travel normally as well as travel at 0.7 Mach, at elevations as reduced as 100m.
- It is surface embracing missile which goes on surrounding the location of its target for numerous mins and afterwards strikes the target at an appropriate moment.
- It is tough to detect by opponent’s radars. It has the ability to involve a number of targets in a solitary trip.
- The direction, control as well as navigating system of missile is set up around domestically made Ring Laser Gyroscope (RLG) as well as MEMS-based Inertial Navigation System (INS) in addition to GPS system.
It was the 6th developmental testing of Nirbhay missile system. It is a matter of pride that the test accomplished all its mission purposes right from lift-off till the last impact, improving the self-confidence of all researchers and scientists related to the test.